Tuesday, September 23, 2014

North Fork Galice Creek

This week was what I'm thinking is the break between hot, summer weather and more mild fall weather.  I got in two field days this week in advance of a rainstorm that actually broke a daily record in Medford.  I actually measured 1.57 inches of rain at the house over 48 hours.  Not too shabby.
Me taking distances and bearings to the photo point.  Once I fix the location on the ground I take a GPS point with sub-meter accuracy to permanently record the location.  As an added bonus, I get a detailed map of the stream which I will submit to the national register of hydrography (stream mapping).

Anyway, in advance of the weather, I got out once to South Fork Clark Creek near the town of Butte Falls to take some canopy cover photographs and again to North Fork Galice Creek near the town of Galice to take some GPS points that related to a series of photo points I took earlier this summer for some pre-mining analysis I'm doing.

No comments: