Saturday, June 11, 2016

Point Saint George

Since I knew that work was going to be getting crazy with a full stream restoration workload, I insisted on doing a family outing to the coast.  I picked a spot just north of Crescent City, CA that we had never been to before called Point Saint George.  Turned out to be a nice little beach.  Close, convenient, and not covered with people.





















It had been three years since we'd been to the beach as a family.  The last time was so traumatic that we just hadn't mustered up the courage to go back.  Three years ago, ZoĆ« decided that she didn't want to be in her carseat and so she screamed until she threw up.  I ended up washing a car seat in a creek somewhere in the Redwoods.  And the beach was cold and windy and foggy and we didn't stay long.


This time, was quite different.  Since it had been so long for the kids, it was like new for them.  They loved it!  It was tough to keep them out of the water!  And Emma had a blast taking pictures and playing with the kids.  It was pretty windy, but we got out of most of it.  Dohnele packed a picnic lunch for everyone and it was all a lot of fun.

Sometime recently we also got some really sweet pictures of what I think is a sphinx moth.  It was on our bushes at dusk and eventually settled down on our porch for the evening.


1 comment:

Catherine said...

So glad you made the trip to the beach! Kids looked like they had such a blast...and you virtually had the place to yourself.

Lovely moth!