Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Partnership Building

I attended a watershed "summit" hosted by the City of Salem and made a handful of connections that I thought might expand into useful partnerships, so I hosted a day in the field in land managed by the BLM, but upstream from the City's drinking water intakes.  I invited a fish bio and my hydrologist and soil scientist who work in the area.  We spent the day looking at instream restoration, burnt timber salvage, and recreation site rebuilding.  Salem was super foggy and icy, but up in the hills we were above the inversion and it was sunny and beautiful!

Fawn Creek Salvage Timber Sale (above and below)

Stream restoration in a side channel of the Little North Fork of the Santiam River.  Previous instream restoration at this site burned up in the Beachie Creek Fire of 2020.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Beautiful indeed!
Glad the collaberation turned out to be fruitful and productive.