Friday, January 30, 2015

A Word About Balance Bikes

You know those trendy, little-hipster-in-the-making, "balance bikes"?  When they came out a few years ago I was totally against them.  I figured kids that have yet to reach the pedal bike stage have enough trouble walking let alone balancing a bike that is sure to just topple over on top of them and result in tears and howling.





Well, I was wrong.  The twins got a matching pair this Christmas from Grandpa Dohn and Grandma Cindi and they love them.  A month after Christmas I finally got around to assembling them.  They've scarcely let go of them since!

I installed the seat really low to the ground so that they could basically just walk around with them.  I quickly had to raise the seat, because they wanted more.  They still do a lot of walking, but Zephyr especially is getting more daring.  He's started coasting down a small incline in our back yard which he does with sound effects as well.

As much as I hate being wrong about something, I'll admit it here.  Balance bikes are pretty great!

No comments: