Tuesday, March 31, 2020

New Staff + Wetland Surveys

So after a year, I finally got a vacant position filled.  It's the district's hydro tech position.  Unfortunately, her first day was clouded by a mandatory telework policy that trumped a lot of the normal first day/week activities.  As a result, a lot of what should have already been taken care of has been delayed.



The upside of not being able to take care of a lot of mandatory first day things, is that I've been able to accompany her to the field.  Over and over again.  Which has been really great.  We've been working our way through the Field Offices, meeting a few folks here and there from a distance, and just learning the different techniques.




These pictures are from a day in the woods when I had to do a survey for the Cascades Field Office verifying the location of streams and a wetland and delineating both.

No comments: