Thursday, May 21, 2020

Calibration Day

Spring time is calibration time for all of my district's summer stream temperature monitoring equipment.  This year, I have the help of my new district hydro tech.  She gathered up all the instruments from our offices and monitoring partners.  She also gathered up all of our NIST-certified thermometers and then ran the event under my guidance and supervision.  It was a huge help.







After calibration day was complete, I used the fact that we had a good number of my hydro staff gathered to take them to the woods to one of our timber sale areas and to make sure that all of our eyeballs were calibrated as far as stream surveys are concerned (inception points, perennial indicators, channel definition, etc.)  I had to split early and run back to Salem for a meeting, but overall the day was a great success!



1 comment:

Catherine said...

Looks very successful. I see a lot of "science" happening here. Nice to get everyone together...and get out in the field...and what a "field" it is!! The bright yellow hats almost ready to be "swallowed up" by foliage!