a spring in a wetland complex which is the drinking water source of a downstream landowner
deeply incised (approximately 40ft), super steep stream which goes entirely subsurface once the gradient lessens (above and below)
This is the same stream, but its gradient has dropped and the stream is almost entirely subsurface. As I hiked down this stream, I found four "wild beers" that someone had left in the creek to cool, last summer!
One of the many mountain biking trails which would require some serious skills to ride
The old logging road that serves as access for the many mountain biking trailheads
I was also able to get Wes and Jake together for a campfire in the woods before Wes left for work for most of the year. I picked a spot kinda mid-way for both of us, but on public lands: halfway up Walker Creek in the headwaters of the Nestucca Watershed. It was good to get together, socially distanced, have a campfire and just catch up on everything.







1 comment:
Very interesting terrain. Hope you were able to mollifiy the land owner and put their mind to ease.Glad you were able to get together with Wes and Jake...and catch up.
Post a Comment