Today was for hanging out with Erica and Henry. We met up with them at the Sheldon Jackson Campus and walked through campus, past the Science Center, and through Totem Park with a visit out to the beach. Henry, unsurprisingly, is fuuulllll of energy and doesn't stop for anything. The Sitka Sound Science Center was almost completely new since last I had visited and I really enjoyed that there's now outdoor viewing into the Hatchery.
By the end of the day, Henry and grandma went out for dinner, Erica had to get ready for work, while Emma and I went to Pioneer Park for a campfire and picnic with Tyler, Eric, Laurinda, and Quincey. First we stopped by Seamart for groceries and it was awesome because Emma made a bet with me that I'm not as popular as I think I am; I said that I bet I'd run into someone I know in the store and she bet against me. As luck would have it, I ran into two folks in the store that I knew!
Unfortunately, Matt was sick and couldn't make the picnic. It did, however, work out well because just as we arrived, someone else was leaving and we adopted their campfire and were able to just add to it.
Again, the weather was perfect and the sunset was beautiful! After dinner and hanging out for a bit, I took Emma for a drive up Cascade Creek to look at where Dohnele grew up and the first home that she knew - even if it was just for a few months.










No comments:
Post a Comment