Saturday, May 11, 2024

Tacos and Northern Lights

We bought tickets for Northwest Taco Fest weeks in advance thinking "how fun?!  Tacos in the park!"  And of course, as the event got closer and closer, the forecast was more and more like "I'm just going to pour on you!"  I almost didn't want to go, but then felt sorry for the vendors in the rain and the fact that we already had tickets, so we packed up our umbrellas and went.

The good news is that it was very well attended which was nice to see.  The bad news is that no matter how many extra tents were brought in last minute, it wasn't enough.  The grass in the park had turned into a mosh pit and even though there were dozens of vendors, they were all too close to each other and it was just an umbrella-eye-poking mess.  Also, the lines at every vendor were super long, so you really couldn't try different tacos from everywhere like I had hoped - instead, you just got in one line, got your tacos, and then stood in the rain to eat them.

In other news, we had an amazing solar storm that resulted in northern lights being seen super far south.  I had my doubts, but sure enough, when I went outside, the show was really pretty amazing!  One of the best I've seen including displays in the winter up in Alaska!

Caught the Big Dipper in this one (above) and all from our backyard!

No comments: