The problematic yarding corridor (above and to the right) was put in where it was explicitly not supposed to be, but mitigation looks great
The field trip focused on tether-assisted logging that had gone wrong, but my takeaway was that while effects were different than expected, it wasn't because of the type of logging, it was the operator who did a bunch of stuff he wasn't supposed to and an unexpected weather event. And the post-logging mitigation that the BLM did looked great. Regardless, it was good context for me since I'm writing about tether-assisted logging for work and trying to develop and analyze their effects.
Post-wildfire at the top of Salt Creek
Post-wildfire salvage harvest happened here a few years ago with ground based machinery
After the field day, I drove with Damien and Ron to look for agates for a few minutes near Salt Creek. And later, I drove with Ron up to he top of Roxy Ann Peak to give him a view of the valley and at sunset, between rain showers, the scenery was great!










1 comment:
Lovely fall weather...nice to get back to the Medford area...talk about projects...hunt for agates etc.!
Post a Comment