This morning was a bit dreary, but not outright raining yet, fortunately, because I didn't want to wear rain gear on the hike. Since I knew the trail was an unofficial one, involved a significant stream crossing that some had reported needing to wade across, and the kids weren't super excited about hiking anyway, I opted to leave them behind at camp and ended up doing the hike to the falls with just Cory.
"Unfortunately," the hike was a pretty easy one. It wasn't marked well in the beginning, but the last half of it was easy, as was the stream crossing. On the hike down there were several small waterfalls which were beautiful in their own right.
But Walupt Creek Falls itself was absolutely amazing! The trail took you to the top of the falls before switch-backing down to the bottom. The falls are unique, because it's almost more like a cascade and I honestly can't explain how the falls are this wide, but still look this deep considering this is the Creek you cross about half-a-mile upstream where it's also shallow and slow-flowing and looks nothing like the volume of water going over the falls! I took a ton of pics and almost kinda wished the temps were warmer so that I could wade up to the base of the falls, but honestly, cool temps and a drizzle were lovely. Only a few other people on the trail to the falls too.
Once back in camp, we caught up with the kids, and hung out by the fire for the rest of the afternoon as the rain began to increase. We mostly just cooked random things on the fire and Emma took an interest in whittling which was fun to watch. Fortunately, we had the pop-up tent to keep us and our picnic table of gear and food dry.
Once we crawled into our tents, it started to rain in earnest, but that was fine because even though we knew everything was going to get soaked, we also knew we were leaving tomorrow.
Long exposure - it was late at night























1 comment:
Walupt Creek Falls really spectacular!!! Glad the rain held off until later!
Post a Comment