Friday, July 11, 2025

Barney Reservoir



Barney Reservoir has been on my list of places to check out for a while so we (Dohnele, Emma, and I) made time to head up one afternoon with Dohnele's paddleboard.  It's the drinking water source for the City of Hillsboro, so even though the area is open to the public, it's not at all advertised or signed and the drive is kinda long, all on logging roads.
Dohnele (above and below)

After having the main way I wanted to go being closed by gates, I was able to re-route and find a way in.  As we were pulling in, there were a couple ladies leaving.  Other than that, we had the entire lake to ourselves all afternoon!  Dohnele and later, Emma, went paddleboarding.  I started out in my camp chair with my feet in the water thinking I'd work on my tan, but after 15-minutes, I got too hot and retreated to the trees where I promptly fell asleep.  Highlight of the day was Emma seeing a mama catfish and her "pups" in shallow water!
Emma (above and below)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

How nice to have the place to yourself...the girls get a paddle in and you a nice snooze!