Saturday, March 21, 2026

Lakeview Vacation

US-97 (above) and OR-140 (below) on our drive to Lakeview
This spring break, we wanted to do the exact opposite of what we did last year (San Diego, lots of travel, lots of people) and we landed on hot springs in Lakeview and we invited Cory, Chelsie, and Dustin to come with.  The first day, was just driving to get there.  Cory got there first.  We quickly unpacked, had a beer or two, Emma went on a walk to take pictures of horses, the twins explored the Air BnB, and Cory and I made smashburgers.  After dinner, even though we were all tired, we went down to Hunter Hot Springs and jumped in for an hour or so which was really nice.  The springs were hot, but not uncomfortably so and there were only a couple other people in the springs and the night was dark, the moon was small, and the stars were bright!
Views from our Air BnB in Lakeview (above and below)



The next day, we drove to Reno.  That's a long, boring drive, but the scenery was pretty and I hadn't been on that stretch of US-395 before.  The purpose of going to Reno was to visit Revision Brewing, play some blackjack, and let the kids play at Circus Circus.  At Revision, Cory and I met up with the son of a friend who lives there and his girlfriend and we talked about Reno and beer and the BLM.  Then, Cory and I went to Wells Fargo to pull out some cash and then headed over to the Atlantis Casino.  After an hour of gambling, I broke even which I was pretty proud of.  Cory lost his $60 so I bought him a tank of gas and a Starbucks for the drive home.
The only picture I took in Reno, apparently
Dustin and Chelsie, meanwhile, arrived in Lakeview while we were in Reno.  After a long drive back to Lakeview, we met up and more or less went to bed.
Modoc National Wildlife Refuge from US-395 on our way to Reno

No comments: