Saturday, April 18, 2026

More Griddling






I am continuing my Blackstone griddling!  Ribeyes and lamb chops this week.  I continue to be impressed by the Blackstone's performance.  Cooking all the meat mostly for Emma who I swear is protein-deficient at school.  Regardless, she came home this weekend and I got a picture of her doing some homework.  The drive between Salem and Corvallis is really quite nice and in the spring everything is beautiful and green and fresh.




I hosted a Season 5 premier party for "The Boys" and cooked a bunch of themed dishes including Compound V Jello shots.  The meal and the showing of the first two episodes went over well with Cory and Ron.

Spring blossoms are in full swing and I also zipped down to Eugene to watch "The Kitchen Dwellers" in concert with Cory and Carla.  Unfortunately, the concert was a let-down.  The music was only OK, but the audience was annoying and we ended up leaving before the show was over to go get a beer.  Emma and I spent an hour or so at Drum Bug Records for Record Store Day which was fun and we each got a few records which was fun.  Live music there too!

apple (above) and blueberry (below)

The Kitchen Dwellers (above) and Zephyr's new braces (below)

No comments: