Monday, July 17, 2017

Lower Elk Valley Creek

 An impressive plunge pool that remarkably isn't a fish barrier


  Some nice old growth in a few spots (above and below)

 Several mid-channel islands

 These were the cliffs I couldn't hike past on the first day.  The only way through is either by swimming or by hiking 200 feet up and around.

Spent the day out on Elk Valley Creek.  This was actually my second day in the same spot.  On the first time in, I ended up hiking all the way to the bottom of the canyon, running out of time, getting cliffed-out, and having to hike back.  But today was better.  I hiked down on the upstream side of the cliff and the hiking in the canyon was much better.  No cliffs or giant boulders until I got to the very top end of the reach that I was designing for restoration work.  Kaden, my intern, came along on this particular day.
 Kaden hanging some flagging

 We found a snake

No comments: