We had vowed to pick a bunch of blackberries this year since I hate going through winter without them. But all the blackberries in the Rogue get burnt and shriveled up so quickly, I took the family up to the Umpqua. We went to West Fork Cow Creek for a swim first though. Fortunately, nobody was at the spot I wanted to go to swimming and we had the place to ourselves until about the time we were ready to leave. Such a great spot to swim: the water is cold enough to keep the algae out, but not so cold that you can't spend several hours in the water. Plus, the swimming hole I go to has shallows for the kids, but deep spots for adults. It's perfect.
Picked about four gallons of blackberries on the way out. That very night Dohnele made a peach-blackberry cobbler and it was amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment