With our work schedules being opposites, there really isn't ever a good time for us to take a vacation except when school holidays line up with actual holidays. So, I ended up taking the week of Thanksgiving mostly off and before the holiday, we drove up to Seattle. We had decided that we'd much prefer going north a month before Christmas like we normally do so that we can avoid snow and ice on the roads. And we lucked out. The road conditions were perfect. It was rainy in Seattle, but I guess it kinda always is. Actually, all of western Washington was receiving record rainfall and flooding.
Before we visited with anyone, we went to REI so that I could find some rain gear. Everything was waaaay too expensive, but Emma enjoyed their huge fireplace and we all found some sweet deals in their "garage." Both Emma and I got boots there. Emma got some leggings too.
That afternoon we visited with the grandfolks which was nice and in the evening we met up with Don and Mary and James for dinner at Cafe Turko which was delicious. On the way home, we stopped at the Museum of Flight and went through the last place we had never been to before - the WWI and WWII exhibits. They really were phenomenal. Very well done and the kids loved it. All very interactive. Traffic between Seattle and Tacoma was atrocious, but Google re-routed us through a lot of it. We stopped at IKEA and picked up a bunch of stuff and then headed home!

1 comment:
Glad you were able to tuck in the trip...productive but fun too, and I know the folks enjoyed seeing you.
Post a Comment