Sunday, July 21, 2019

Silver Falls Hike


 Pictures in this block are all of Double Falls






Emma's good friend Isabelle got dropped off at our house for a week.  The very first thing we did was head to Silver Falls State Park for a loop hike that covers most of the waterfalls.
 Pictures in this block are all of Lower South Falls









I'd only been there a couple times before and that was on a drippy, early-spring day and I had the park mostly to myself.  But this time it was a hot, mid-summer weekend and the place was packed.  It was more or less a constant string of people.  But it wasn't a terrible experience.  Honestly, the humidity and heat was more annoying.
 All pictures in this block are of Middle North Falls






The kids collapsed a mile from the end of the hike (back to the car) and I had to go on ahead, get the car, and drive back to them.
 All photos in this block are of South Falls






At the end of the day, instead of making dinner, I took the kids out to Beehive Station for foodcart dinner which was a blast.  Isabelle had her very first bubble tea!  I think she liked it at first, but then the novelty wore off and she didn't finish it.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Exquisite spot!!! Looks like the kids enjoyed!