Saturday, September 21, 2019
Oregon International Airshow
Bought tickets and spent the entire day with the family at the Oregon International Airshow. I've been wanting to take a kid or kids to an airshow ever since we moved to Oregon. But when we lived in southern Oregon, there weren't any nearby airshows; the closest one was in Klamath Falls and had shut down by the time we moved to the region. But the Oregon International Show is one of the more premier shows on the west coast and it's literally just 45 minutes up the road from Salem.
Tickets are a bit expensive, but the show literally goes all day long. I didn't spring for seats, so we ended up sitting on grass or standing on the tarmac, but at least it wasn't hot. For the first half of the day, the kids were more excited by getting food which really annoyed me, but whatever. After the beasts were fed, they started paying more attention to planes.
One of the highlights was a jet-powered vintage truck which I gotta admit was pretty cool. The afternoon show was highlighted by a P-51 and an F-35 flying in tandem and nearly breaking the sound barrier. On the annoying side were the do-gooder parents passing out ear plugs to kids belonging to bad parents (us). I seriously felt like telling them to "bugger off!" Hearing the engines is part of the experience!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























1 comment:
Fun!!!...yes...they needed to be "fueled" up first!! Looks fun and glad it wasn't beastly hot!
Post a Comment