Sunday, December 15, 2019

Christmas Tree Hunting


Fortunately we didn't go last week when it was pouring down rain.  Instead we waited till now and the weather was perfect.  No snow, but that's fine as that would have limited where we went.  Usually, I spend all spring and summer looking for good places to snatch a Christmas tree, but I didn't really have any places in mind this year.  Instead, I just picked the nearest patch of BLM land (Mill Creek) and went!  Unfortunately, Mill Creek had a gigantic gate across it and I didn't want to hike in two miles to where I had wanted to go.  So instead I drove a few miles west to Gooseneck Creek and drove up towards Dorn Peak.  I had never been there before and the place was packed with weekend warriors out shooting and generally using their public lands.  Sigh...




Anyway, after a few potential trees, we found a good one growing in an old rock pit.  We cut it down, strapped it to the top of the car, and drank some hot cocoa.  We zipped home to set it up before Dohnele had to go to work.  We kept it simple this year - just a few ornaments and lights.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Looks unseasonably pleasant out...but still fun to top everything off with a hot chocolate!