We zipped up to Seattle for a weekend before Christmas so that we could visit, Don, Mary, and Grandma. We went up on a Friday evening, stopping off in Portland for dinner at Matt's Barbecue which was heavenly. The drive from there wasn't fun at all as it was super rainy.
Most of the next day was spent helping Mary and Don move old furniture out of their apartment and get it to either the landfill or Goodwill. They treated us to an awesome dinner at Prost! and I took Don out for drinks at Reuben's Brews.
The next day, rather than drive south on the freeway, I hopped on the ferry to Bremerton as the kids had never been on a ferry before. They loved it and did several laps around the ferry and got good and wind-whipped. By the time we got to the Columbia River it was pouring again which wasn't fun, but we got home just fine.










1 comment:
Very fun!!! I think I remember one trip I took with the folks to Whidby Island. Glad you decided to take "the scenic" route...something new.
Post a Comment