Wednesday, October 14, 2020

End of Summer in Lobster Creek

The "official" end of summer for hydrologists in Oregon is marked by downloading summer stream temperature data loggers before the fall rains begin and the waters come up sometimes making our data loggers irretrievable until spring.  Here are a few pictures of Carla and Cory downloading data loggers in Lobster Creek.  This particular day we ran into a couple older gentlemen who had become stranded by fallen trees.  I got to be the hero and cut the trees out of their way.  They were so happy that they actually shook my hand!  It was the first hand I had shaken since February!  I sanitized as soon as he was out of sight, but it was nice to have done a good deed.




Speaking of which, on my way home from work, I stopped at the store and bought some groceries.  On a whim, I picked up some nail polish for ZoĆ«.  I could be wrong, but I think she was excited about it!


1 comment:

Catherine said...

Good grief...glad you were there...glad for the hand sanitizer :-). Yes...it will be nice when hands can be freely shaken and grasped again...oh and yes...nails painted!!! Of course that can happen on a more regular basis...but what a fun surprise at how excited this gesture made a little girl!!