Dohnele had to work, but I wanted to take the kids on a hike. I thought going to Cascade Head would be a perfect place to go since it had been stormy on the coast. But when we got there, the USFS had blocked the road at the entrance and posted signs saying you couldn't even park or walk there. My guess is it had something to do with snowy plover nesting season, but that's just a guess. In any case since that was no longer an option, I just drove the kids down to Lincoln City and we went to Road's End Beach where we always go. Unfortunately, the tide was as high as I'd ever seen it and the storm surge was significant. Waves were sending water all the way up into the trees and up against the breakwater. I didn't want to walk far on the beach as a result and we had to stay right up against the breakwater and keep stairs in sight in case a sneaker wave pushed us off the beach which they did a couple times. It wasn't much fun to be there since we had to keep a constant eye on the water so we only stayed for an hour or so and then headed home. The kids didn't seem to mind and had a blast with all the sea foam.










1 comment:
Just getting out...is sometimes enough. Glad the kids didn't mind and it appeared to be a nice adventure all things considered.
Post a Comment