Earlier this year, Teresa and I started scheming about throwing a surprise 60th birthday party for Dohn. We figured everyone could drive to a central location and then Dohn could show up. So over the next few months, I started putting together the pieces; I got a house reserved in Sunriver and started connecting relatives. Teresa put together a day of riding horses for everyone and kept Dohn in the dark.
Josh and Hannah bailed because of covid risk, April and Derek bailed because April was 8 months pregnant, and Juleah bailed because of work. But we were joined by Larry, Judy, Joe, Samantha, and of course Teresa. And all of it was a surprise for Dohn! And the surprises kept coming as folks would just suddenly appear at the house! And for the folks who bailed, I arranged for a Zoom video call so that Dohn could connect with them. I even got Ben to connect for that all the way from his Base in Turkey!
We actually went over to Sunriver a day early so that Dohnele could meet up with some friends for an evening and so that I could just relax and unwind in the hot tub. The horse riding was mostly for Zoë and she had a blast (pictures from Teresa, below)! The house was wonderful, the company was good, nobody caught covid, and even the weather wasn't terrible.

















2 comments:
A fantastic time had by all!!! How fun!!! And nice surprise!
Love the picture of everyone so engaged in the zoom experience!
Post a Comment