Headed out to the Tillamook Field Office today with some technicians from another Field Office. Wanted to do some training with them on some hydrologic survey techniques. Plus, I wanted to take a look at a couple culverts that got replaced last summer. A year ago I put in some stream surveys so that I could get a baseline on change. Today was the day to check to see if the culvert had resulted in any change (good or bad).
Fortunately, all the change we documented showed that the stream had narrowed, deepened, and the sediment coarsened; all were objectives we were hoping for when we set out to replace the undersized and failing culvert that incidentally was also a barrier to aquatic organism passage.
When we got out to the site, there was actually a rainbow over the site which was kind of cool. There was snow on the ground, a light rain, and it was generally just cold and miserable so we decided to have a fire after the survey to warm up.




1 comment:
All good signs...and nice to have a "rainbow" for the finale!
Post a Comment