Today I took everyone to Hatley Park and Gardens because it was close to where we were staying and I knew it'd be beautiful. And it was. The Italian Garden was all food-based, the Japanese Garden was beautiful, and the rose garden was lovely. And of course the estate itself is super impressive. Zephyr shared with us a meltdown for pretty much the whole visit because he didn't want to be walking.
After Hatley Park, we went to Bao because Dohnele and Zoe were insisting. Again, there was a line out the store and down the street. I didn't want to go, but everyone else did. And once inside, there's basically no room for anything, let alone a family of five, but we crammed in and ordered and it was good, but not that good. At least the service was great.After lunch, I took everyone to Christ Church Cathedral. I didn't have any expectations, but it was a beautiful building. We thought we'd try to peak inside and it was great because the retired, volunteer docents were really sweet and gave us a self-guided tour sheet and let us wander around which was really great. The building and especially the stained glass windows were amazing.
We followed up Christ Church with a trip to Moon Brewery and Distillery for dinner and drinks. Really good beer and great fried pickles. Definitely picked up a few four packs of beer there!
Following dinner, we drove down to Ogden Point Breakwater and Lighthouse because we enjoyed the sunset there last night so much. We walked all the way to the Lighthouse at the end of the Breakwater and it was just beautiful!





























No comments:
Post a Comment