Saturday, September 9, 2023

Timbers Game





Perfect fall day.  Cory came up and him and Dohnele and I drove to Portland for a day of fun.  First stop was lunch at Stammtisch, a German tavern.  Dohnele got a Geshmort Hasen braised rabbit and I got a Fleischkäse (Bavarian meatloaf served with an egg!)  It was all excellent.  Beer too, of course!


We left our perfectly-parallel-parked car and took a Lyft downtown to Backwoods Brewing for tots and cocktails at sunset.  Seriously, the weather was perfect.  We stuffed ourselves silly and then walked half-a-mile to Providence Park to watch a soccer game.



The Portland Timbers were playing the Los Angeles Football Club.  Tickets were super expensive and so rather than splurge, I just got the cheapest tickets I could find which were still kind of ridiculous considering we were literally in the nosebleed seats.  Nonetheless, we could still see everything pretty well and Portland won 2-0!




Rather than try to catch a Lyft from the stadium, we walked back to Backwoods Brewing for another drink and waiting for the downtown traffic to thin out.  After a beer, we got a Lyft back to our car and drove back to Salem.


In other news, the pears on our tree out back are perfectly ripe and to consume some of them, I made a couple pear pies!


1 comment:

Catherine said...

Lots of fun!
Love pear pie!