As part of my Executive Seminar on Natural Resources class I'm taking through Portland State University, I'm spending a week in Portland looking into the Portland Harbor Superfund Site. The bit of history that I was only sorta aware of was that in WWII, the Swan Island Shipyards in Portland cranked out all sorts of vessels. Following WWII, many of these same ships were dismantled here alongside various other shipping and industrial activities. Today, the Port still functions as one of the busiest in the country, but has also been classified as a Super Fund Site by the EPA.
Portland mural (above) and skyline (below)
Anyway, classes this week were held at the University of Portland which overlooks the Swan Island navy drydock facility and I snapped some pics after class before heading to my hotel downtown. I got myself dinner at a Filipino restaurant that had been on my list for a while, called Magna Kusina. It was amazing!
Crab fat noodles
1 comment:
Very interesting indeed!
Post a Comment