Wednesday, October 30, 2024

Halloween 2024

Backyard fall colors (above).  I haven't put the hoses away yet.

Baked pumpkin seeds (above) and the last of the tomatoes (below)

Basil-mozzarella-tomato salad with our tomatoes!

Lot of things came to fruition this Halloween!  Sure, sure we carved pumpkins and baked off some seeds (actually, we waited a bit long and literally got the last couple pumpkins that the grocery store had to offer), but we also wrapped up the tomato harvest and I accepted delivery of a bridge that I've been working to get get contracted, fabricated, and delivered for a few years.  It wasn't continual work, and most of the work happened this summer, but regardless, it finally got delivered.  My rationale for this project was to have a bridge ready for use so that various projects could have it to deploy in a temporary nature whist avoiding low-water crossings with heavy equipment.  A few folks scoffed at the idea, but I got it funded and already have a long list of folks wanting to use it!



Zoe hung out with friends for Halloween and Zephyr went trick-or-treating in the pouring down rain with friends.  Emma was away at college.  Nonetheless, and thanks to help from Zoe, I got my office cubicle decorated for an indoor trick-or-treat event and then moved all the decorations home to decorate the front porch with!




1 comment:

Catherine said...

So many fun pictures! Fall is the best...wonderful late season harvest, glad the bridge came to fruition...and nice to have some seasonal help from Zoe for Halloween...that the kids had fun!