Surprisingly, Emma really wanted to go and I threw Cory in for good measure. This would be Emma's first concert experience and she was super excited! We headed up to Portland in advance of the concert and went to Mad Cow Brewing for pre-concert beers. Then we had hoped to go to Han Oak for dinner, but we literally couldn't find it so we went to Friendship Kitchen right next door and got Vietnamese food instead.
Then we caught a Lyft to the Moda Center since we were running out of time and couldn't wait for the bus. We got there no problem and got in and found our seats.
The first opening band was Dinosaur Jr which I had never heard of before, but Emma liked them.
The next opening band was the Flaming Lips which although there music wasn't anything too exciting, their performance was very surreal and artistic and fun to watch.
Then came Weezer!!! The entire concert was fantastic and we all had a great time. Probably the best thing about the concert was seeing and hearing Emma sing along to more songs than I even knew and recognized!
Cory (above) and Emma (below) at their first large concert experience!
20,000+ fans at the sold out Moda Center (above) and Weezer starting their set (below)
After the concert, we caught a train and then a bus back to our car, drove home, dropped Cory off, and then I drove down to Corvallis to drop Emma off before coming home for the night.



















No comments:
Post a Comment