Saturday, January 3, 2026

Fishing Trip with the Boys


Jake with a cutthroat (above) and a rainbow (below)

I got Jake and Wes together for a trip to the woods to go fishing and to have a campfire.  We met up in Yamhill and I drove them to Barney Reservoir.  This is the second time I've been here and both times, the place was empty!  Fished for a bit and Jake caught a rainbow and a cutthroat on a spoon!  I caught nothing!  Drove a mile or so back down the road and found a landing to have a campfire at for a few hours and sip a beer.  Was nice to catch up.



The next day, I drove Emma back to college and treated her to a feast at McMennamin's in Corvallis before dropping her off.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Glad you've kept in touch with old friends...and finally some fish! Keep that girl fed! Nice to get out with Dad I'm sure for her.