We drove up to White River Sno Park to take the kids sledding for the first time. It was only a short hike to get away from all the people. The weather was perfect and the views were stellar!
The first run was a bit of a disaster: I chose a steep pitch with a river at the bottom. I knew kids would have to stop before the run was over or else they'd end up in the drink. So Emma took off. But she didn't bail. Fortunately I was there to stop here. But I underestimated how fast she'd be going. And we clunked heads. Which resulted in sobbing. Sigh. Just can't win.
After that Zoë pretty much refused to get on the sled even though Emma rebounded quickly. Zoë spent most of the afternoon playing in the snowmelt creek; she loved that! Meanwhile Zephyr loved sledding. Loved it so much that he kept going and going and ended up getting soaking wet and freezing cold. Sigh. Just can't win.
Nonetheless, we stuck around for most the afternoon and headed home just before sunset. Dinner at the food carts in Happy Valley!




1 comment:
Wow..."stellar" views indeed. Looks like a fun fun outing.! We enjoyed seeing the pictures...dinner at "Happy Valley"...looks very tasty!!
Post a Comment