Sunday, June 9, 2019

The Alaska Trip



It was super last minute, but Matt got engaged and married in a matter of weeks.  He gave me a call and I sure as heck wasn't going to miss it.  Unfortunately, school was still in session so I couldn't take the kids and Dohnele was working, so she stayed home as well.











I bought a ticket for myself and zipped up for a long weekend.




I stayed with Tyler and had opportunities to visit with everyone including the grandfolks and Meta and Victor.  I brought wine up and brought back lots of fish and abalone.  The weather was perfect.
























As it turns out, I was on the same flight as Jessica's parents and the Hunters were at the airport to meet everyone.





I got in my rental Jeep and waited for Matt to introduce everyone and then he and I just hung out like old times at the bunker by the Sewer Treatment Plant.

I got to spend every evening with Tyler and got to hang out with his parents for a bit and even meet Tyler's girlfriend, Kate.  Way too much to do in a short amount of time, but it was all good.  And the wedding was quite nice too.



Even managed to get in a fishing trip with Tyler.  We set a couple halibut skates in Sitka Sound, a few crabpots in Katlian Bay, and fished for dolly varden on the South Fork of Katlian River all afternoon.  Tyler got set up first, but I caught the first two fish.  We cooked and ate them for lunch over a campfire up Katlian River which was just perfect!


Again, the weather was perfect.  And it didn't rain until the moment I was getting on the plane at the end of the trip!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Fabulous pictures. Glad you were able to make it up, see friends and family and old scenic haunts...just very nice!