Because my technician has been on a work detail all summer, I've been "lucky" enough to pick up a lot of field work. So here I am on the Molalla River downloading stream temperature data loggers. The instream data logger of course didn't burn in the Beachie Creek Fire, but it's air temperature counterpart burnt completely. All plastic components were entirely consumed and only the metal mounting brackets remained; too bad because that would have been some amazing temperatures to record!
Molalla River looking downstream (above) and upstream (below)
This was the site of the air temperature data logger. The area didn't even burn that badly, but this one tree that the unit was mounted to got cooked especially hard. All that remains are the top and bottom, metal brackets. All the "guts" in between are plastic and cooked.






1 comment:
Exquisite place! Glad you got in more field time. I don't even want to contemplate how hot it got there once!!!
Post a Comment