For the Twins' birthday, we drove down to grandpa's house for a long weekend. We left right after the kids got home from school and got there late so that we could have two solid days before coming back on Monday (Memorial Day Weekend).
The first full day we just hung out because the weather was kind of cloudy. Dohnele gave Zephyr a haircut on the deck. Lying low suited me just fine because I had to prepare a presentation for a national audience and I didn't have enough time to start or finish it on Thursday and I had to give the presentation on Tuesday! So I set up on the deck and just pecked away until it got too warm.
The next day, Sunday, we spent the day down on Applegate Lake which really is a hidden gem - even if it is a dammed lake. I brought Dohnele's paddleboard and Dohn let the kids use his kayaks which worked perfectly. The twins had never gone before and so they got taught and then toodled along with Dohnele which was fun for both of them. They paddled north into the lake and up Carberry Creek; then back down south and into California which is at the far south end of the lake.
We also opened presents that night. Among other gifts, Zephyr got a remote control car which he spent the next morning driving around the driveway.
On the way home we stopped at Pennington Farm and Dohnele did some shopping, but otherwise we pretty much just drove right home. When we got home, there was a letter in the mail for Zoe from the School District announcing that she'd been accepted into AVID!

















1 comment:
Such a fun weekend...nice R & R and in your case...extra time for work...and then the aquatic portion...super fun. Looks like a nice birthday celebration indeed...and what a way to end the weekend than Zoe's acceptance!! Good for her!
Post a Comment