Thursday, June 22, 2023

Long Day Between Sites

Today was going to be a long day.  I needed to get to two different water quality monitoring sites that aren't necessarily far apart, but do take forever to get between since the drive is mostly on windy, gravel logging roads.  At least the day was beautiful.  The first stop was South Fork Alsea River.  From there, I drove to Alsea, Philomath, up Kings Highway, up the Luckiamute River (which I'd never driven up before), then dropped down to the ghost town of Valsetz, and then finally up the North Fork Siletz River to my second water quality monitoring site.

BLM-managed Alsea Byway (above) and a columbine (below)

A new culvert installed by private industry on Short Creek (above) and me on the North Fork Siletz River (below)

North Fork Siletz River (above) and South Fork Alsea River (below)

A tiger lily near Falls City, Oregon

No comments: