Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Ash Island Loop

This summer has just flown by and with Dohnele's "weekends" landing on Tuesday/Wednesday, it's been tough to get Dohnele out paddle boarding.  But, a warm and late summer allowed her to squeak in one last trip this summer.  I took her up to Newberg and put her in to paddle the Ash Island Loop after I finished work.  She, of course, took the GoPro and got a good video, but I got a couple pics of her getting back to the landing at sunset.
Willamette River in Newberg, looking downriver, towards Ash Island

While she paddled, I took Zephyr to Wilsonville to get gas and then to Cream Northwest to try out an ice cream parlor we hadn't been to before which was fun for the two of us.  We made it back to the boat landing in perfect time to watch Dohnele arrive!  Oh, hey, also, take a look at this perfectly grilled steak I did and topped with pico de gallo (again, trying to use up garden tomatoes and peppers!)

No comments: