Thursday, September 19, 2024

Starting School and Hop Harvest




Although the twins started earlier this month, Emma and Oregon State University started.  She got everything packed up the day before and made a giant pile in the living room that I told her to downsize dramatically.  Dohnele took her down and then went to work with her idea that if she needed anything else, I could bring it down later in the day.  Emma got all moved in and ultimately had space to spare, so she had me bring more of her stuff down.  It's actually a perfect-length drive to-and-from Salem to Corvallis at only 45 minutes which is nice in the fall with the sunset views of the Coast Range and farmer's fields.
One of Emma's piles to be moved to Corvallis (above) and her empty dorm room (below).  Emma's side is to the left.


In other news, hop harvest is still underway and I went out for some beverages with Evan and Heidi which included a sunset trip on the Wheatland Ferry.  Also still trying to burn through the last of our summer produce (pico de Gallo, Jamaican tofu, and chicken tacos seen here).
Jamaican tofu (above) where I'm trying to use up my Seranno peppers

Beers with Evan and Heidi at TopWire during their hop harvest (above)

Emma and Zoe making chicken tacos (above) where I'm trying to use up my tomatoes and Fresno peppers

Heidi on the Wheatland Ferry (above) after having beers at the Crowing hen (below)

No comments: