On Dohnele's day off, I piled everyone into the car with Dohnele's paddleboard and we headed up to a lake I had never been to that looked beautiful. After a couple hours drive, we unloaded at Timothy Lake. It was super windy which was unexpected, but the water was warm and Dohnele still went paddleboarding. I hung out with the kids as they went swimming.
After a few hours, we packed up to head home. Kind of on a whim, I took the turn for Timberline Lodge because I'd never been there either and wanted to see the view. Plus, I had just watched "The Shining" with Emma and we wanted to see the building. It was definitely a bit further off the main road than I expected, but the view was worth it. Plus, we caught it right near sunset which was beautiful. Emma and I even went on a short hike to get some good pictures of the lenticular clouds over Mt. Hood.













1 comment:
What a refreshing dip into Timothy Lake!!! Kids...and Dohnele look like they had an absolute blast!!!...and Mt. Hood...wow!! So exquisite!!! Glad you and Emma took a wee hike up there!
Post a Comment