Sunday, May 22, 2022

Driving East

Spent the day packing, loading up, and finally driving east for a week with my mentee, a new hydrologist on the Vale District.  She's quite literally the only aquatics staff person on the entire district and is trying to figure out how to fit in and be a high-performing staff member.  She knows hydrology, of course, but not much about partnerships, restoration, monitoring, etc.  So I've been working with her all year and this trip represents the first of two in-person exchanges of knowledge.  First, I visit her in Vale and then later this summer I've arranged to have her come to the westside to network and observe other hydrologists in action.


So anyway, day 1 was just me driving all the way east to her district.  And I stopped off in La Grande to visit Shane and Kyle whom I went to school with in Utah.  It was really great to catch up with the both of them and meet their lovely family!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Nice to mentor a new staff member...and catch up with old friends!