Sunday, July 9, 2023

Biking on the Beach

One thing I've always wanted to do is ride bikes on a beach.  All this summer, the time hasn't been right with the tides.  But I finally found a cooperative weekend: low tide in the middle of the day on a weekend.  It was perfect.  So I loaded up the bikes and kids and headed over.  Unfortunately, the low mid-day tide brought everyone else to the beach too.  Also unfortunate was that the sand wasn't quite as firm as I thought and we ended up working real hard to get any headway.  In fact, Zoe was having none of it and sat down after a quarter mile to wait.  The rest of us biked over five miles, though!



And later that weekend I took Zephyr to see the new Indiana Jones!  It was better than I thought it would be, but nothing replaces the original three!


1 comment:

Catherine said...

Lovely beach indeed...almost perfect!
Haven't seen the new Indiana Jones...yes...hard to beat the first three!