This week was kicked off by a quick trip to the Coast. I had extra biochar from my demonstration project and I found a customer over at the Yaquina Head Lighthouse that the BLM manages. There has always been a community garden over there - since before the BLM managed the land - but the BLM has continued it. Anyway, I brought over about a cubic yard of biochar that I made and dropped it off with them so that they could amend their garden soils.
In other news, our blueberries are ripe and ready for harvest! Unfortunately, our tomatoes are still developing; tons of greenery and blossoms, but no fruit yet. I also made a batch of stuffed mushrooms with kimchi and ground sausage which didn't turn out as good as they looked!
Also, Dohnele got a fun experience at work: the owner brought out library wines from every vintage he's created and all the employees at Soter got to try and then take partial bottles home. This was by far the oldest and fanciest wine I've ever had! It was just very different; the wine had mellowed out a lot and was very soft. No more bite from the tannins, but very complex. Unfortunately, it was probably past its prime because the flavors, although complex, were fleeting.





1 comment:
Glad you were able to contribute to the enhancement of some soils.
Nice to experiment with recipes...if they don't work...I chuck as I seem to have accumulated billions.
Fun wine tasting.
Post a Comment