Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Birthday Sushi and Paddleboarding



For Emma's birthday, she wanted to go paddleboarding and Dohnele finally relented and let her take the board for the day.  She also wanted sushi and Dohnele rolled up a bunch.



For boarding, I took everyone up to Hagg Lake.  I'd never been before and it looked really neat.  Unfortunately, the place was packed.  Specifically, I wanted to go to the Sain Creek Recreation Area.  And it was literally overflowing with people.  I actually had to park on the curb down the road from the rec site.  But since I had driven all the way and already paid for entry, I sucked it up and we all hung out.  That said, I think only Zephyr had fun because he made friends with some other random kid.  Zoe did a lot of paddling and did it really well.  Zephyr paddled a bit, but it was kind of windy and he didn't have a good time.  Emma used the paddleboard to paddle across the lake and hide from people.  I was so proud!

kale chips (above) and a tomato-mozzarella salad (below) that made up some other random meal of ours


1 comment:

Catherine said...

The birthday meal looks fabulous.
Glad you gave the paddleboards a try...usually I see no one in your outing pictures...too bad others had the same idea...but glad you gave it a whirl anyway.