Saturday, July 29, 2023

Sunshine and Water


Jennette and Isabelle drove up from Rogue River for their annual summer visit.  Before Isabelle got left with us for a week, I took Dohnele and Jennette to Independence and dropped them and their paddleboards off so that they could paddle ten miles downstream to Salem where I would pick them up.  I think it was farther than they expected, but they made it!


The next day I took everyone up to the Big Eddy Rec Site on the Clackamas River where we spent the day.  The water was too cold for me to want to go swimming, but I think everyone else took a dip.  At the end of the day, Emma accidentally locked car keys in the back of the vehicle.  Fortunately, we had brought two cars so I drove 90min home, picked up the second set of keys, and drove 90min back to the river; not as fun as it sounds.  Fortunately, the weather was really perfect and it meant that we got to drive past some giant flower seed gardens right at sunset where I had thought only a week earlier that I wanted to take Dohnele to at sunset on a surprise date.  Not quite the date we had hoped for, but it all worked out and the lighting was excellent!


1 comment:

Catherine said...

Exquisite pictures!!
Beautiful water systems, gorgeos sunflowers...and of course fun pictures of family!