Sunday, November 12, 2023

Making the most of Fall







Took advantage of everyone's weekend lining up by going to the new food cart pod in West Salem, Checkpoint 221.  Korean corndogs were again popular, but we also got a fried chicken sandwich and some togarashi tots.



On the home-cooked side of things, I made some meatballs and on another occasion, pumpkin-apple pancakes which the kids really enjoy.  I also cleaned and lit the gas fireplaces since it finally cooled off enough to warrant lighting them.

I had a meeting during the week at the state headquarters for the Oregon Department of Forestry and remarked at what a nice place it was.  So I decided to return and take the kids' school pictures here.  Mill Creek runs through the area and the fall colors were nice.  Wasn't very sunny, but that's fine because I don't like it when the kids end up squinting.  Anyway, I took a million pictures of the kids and towards the end, Emma started getting interested in my fancy camera and was enjoying taking a few pictures herself.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Lots of yummy looking food and fun times!

Catherine said...

So delicious looking!!!