Monday, November 6, 2023

Late Fall Happenings




Fall around here always seems to last well into when you would expect winter to arrive.  Maybe it's Climate Change - I dunno.  Anyway, the fall leaves haven't even fallen yet and it hasn't even gotten to freezing overnight.  That said, it's past tomato-ripening so we picked the last of the green tomatoes and pulled the plants.  I also smoked some ham bones that we picked up at the last Farmer's Market of the season and ended up making a ham-and-bean soup.  Zephyr and I also got Dohnele's paddleboard hoisted up where it will remain for the winter and spring.
Zephyr helping me hoist up Dohnele's paddleboard (above and below)

ham-and-bean soup (above) and Zephyr helping make spaghetti (below)

smoked jerky (above) and smoked ham bones (below)

And finally, I made some spiced plum jam with some extra plums we picked up.  Also made some minestrone soup because Dohnele made a bunch of pesto that needed to be used up.
minestrone (above) and spiced plum jam (below)


1 comment:

Catherine said...

Love the harvest...and yes...definately a later season!! Everything looks sooo tasty!! Plum jam...would love to try that...and of course the other dishes look darn tempting too!