We found the road to the trail easily enough and there was a fair bit of traffic considering how rough it was. The road started out easily enough, but got poor in a hurry. At the last switchback, I opted to stop and park rather than push it. We walked the last half mile on the road.
The trail itself isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but there are some ropes that you kinda need to hang on to as you drop down to Abiqua Creek. Walking streamside is much easier than the mid-slope trail to the falls. There were about 20 people at the falls, which again, surprised me considering how poorly the trail was marked and maintained.
The hike out was tiring and two other vehicles totally boxed me in where I parked and there was no way out except to back up a fair distance, but we made it work in 4x4. Definitely worth the trouble, but I doubt I'll be back anytime soon.









No comments:
Post a Comment