Friday, August 22, 2025

Going Country


I put together an evening of music starting with a free concert in downtown Salem.  Unfortunately, it was about a billion degrees and it was hot and sweaty and gross and the band delayed their start by several hours so I ended up meeting people and not having any music.  Soooo, we had dinner and then went to the second venue, which was Lexi Tucker at Snow Peak Brewing in Stayton.  Lexi Tucker is a local, who now lives and sings in Nashville, but who was home for a little bit and decided to put on a show.  It was still smoldering hot and the place was packed, but we sat there and sweated for most of her show before calling it a night and heading home.  I left the kids at home with a big plate of nachos, homemade tomatillo salsa, and homemade pico de gallo all made with veggies from the garden!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Sorry the heat made a significant presence...but the "eats" at home a success...lovely lovely veggies!