Once we got to Stehekin, Cory and I got our e-bikes (first time for both of us riding them) and took off up river while Dohnele and the twins decided that they'd rather rent a side-by-side instead of kayaks. Cory and I biked up to just past Stehekin Valley Ranch where we started fishing. I caught a fish right off the bat and Cory broke his rod on the second cast. It had rained a few days prior and there were no wildfires in the area so the sky was super clear. I hadn't expected the river to contain quite so much glacial runoff from the north Cascades, so that was a fun treat.
We were as far up river as I wanted to go since farther up, the river was more like a canyon and I didn't think the fishing would be any good. So we turned back towards the lake and stopped every so often to fish. I ended up catching eight more fish that day and landed six including one beautiful and decent-sized cutthroat. Cory fixed his rod well enough to catch a couple tiny rainbow.
We ran into Dohnele and the twins as they drove their side-by-side up the valley. They had stopped at a farm to buy goat cheese and yogurt and cinnamon rolls.
Finally made it back to Lake Chelan, got everything returned and got on the ferry home. Once back in Chelan, we headed south to Wenatchee where we met Emily and Ty for dinner at their house. Great food and great company!
Finally left and got checked into our hotel for the evening.




























1 comment:
Lots of fine weather...beautiful scenery...fun adventures!
Post a Comment