Sunday, May 24, 2026

Mom in Town: Day 3

Today, it was driving over the Coast Range to Tillamook where another relative was buried - coincidentally, right across the street from the Bureau of Land Management Office where I've been and worked dozens of times (see picture below).  Interestingly, the cemetery directory turned out to be located at another cemetery, but once we found that, the actual coordinates of the grave we sought were listed so navigating to it turned out to be pretty simple and we were able to walk right to it.

After the cemetery, we headed into town to grab lunch before driving out to Cape Meares.  Unfortunately, the beach was packed (Memorial Day Weekend) and there was no parking, so we proceeded directly to the Lighthouse.  Here, I actually snagged a good parking space and we walked down to the Lighthouse.


We finished driving the Three Capes Loop and stopped in Pacific City on the way home which is always interesting.  The parking was insane, but I got a spot just long enough to look at the masses of people and then we left.




No comments: